Homeless: Call 211 | Report Abuse or Neglect (APS): Call (609) 518-4793 | Report Fraud: (609) 518-4995

Homeless: Call 211 | Report Abuse or Neglect (APS): Call (609) 518-4793 | Report Fraud: (609) 518-4995

Burlington County Board of Social Services
Human Services Facility
795 Woodlane Road Mt. Holly, NJ 08060


Adult Health

Our Various Health Care Services are designed to help:

  • Elderly- People 65 years of age or older
  • Blind Adults
  • Disabled- People of any age who are unable to work at any capacity for at least one year

All of our programs have primary eligibility factors set by State and Federal guidelines that must be met such as:

  • Income Levels
  • Resources Levels
  • Medical Status – For some programs

The Board has Medicaid programs if you need help with prescriptions, doctor costs, homemaker/home health aides, AID’s care, traumatic brain injury, hospice as well as nursing home costs and assisted living.

If you are married and only one partner needs help, we might be able to assist you.

For nursing home assistance, we have provisions for the spouse that remains in the community to apply for part / all of the income of the partner entering the nursing home.

We are here to help you!

Please call (609)518-4943 for more information or you can go to NJHelps.gov to fill out an application.

Income and Resource Verification

You can view the Income / Resource Guide as well as the Verification Check List that tells you what you need to bring or supply to verify your income and resource amounts.

In order to apply for any Adult Medicaid Program you must fill out an application and have a face-to-face interview. Applications are not mailed, faxed, or available on line. In order to complete the application process you must bring in or supply the following verifications:

  • Birth Certificate and Social Security Card
  • Medicare Card and any other health insurance cards
  • Marriage Certificate/Divorce Decree
  • Death Certificate of Spouse
  • Naturalization Papers
  • Alien Registration Card (must have a minimum 5 years in U.S.)
  • Power of Attorney
  • Current Social Security (Gross and Net)
  • Current Pension (Gross and Net)
  • Last 5 pay stubs (paid weekly); Last 3 pay stubs (paid bi-weekly)
  • Last 3 Unemployment Checks
  • Current Annuity Payments
  • Passbook/Bank Statements (last 4 consecutive months)
  • CD’s, Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds, and Saving Certificates (must be reported and verified)
  • Life Insurance Policies (both current value and cash value)
  • Property